Sofia Mauve Velvet Maxi Dress
- Incredible quality velvet material.
- Surplice V neck with elastic waist band.
- Maxi length with elbow length sleeves.
- Bump and nursing friendly.
- Lined from waist to mid thigh.
- Fits true to size.
- Dress does have stretch, so if between sizes, size down.
- Marianne is 5'6, cup size 32B, pant size 4 and wearing size small.
- Miranda is 5'8, pant size 2 and wearing size small.
- Approximate Dress Measurements:
- XSmall - Length: 58" Bust: 31.75" Waist: 22" Shoulder: 13" Bicep: 11.5"
- Small - Length: 58.5" Bust: 33.75" Waist: 24" Shoulder: 13.5" Bicep: 12"
- Medium - Length: 59" Bust: 35.75" Waist: 26" Shoulder: 14" Bicep: 12.5"
- Large - Length: 59.5" Bust: 37.75" Waist: 28" Shoulder: 14.5" Bicep: 13"
- XLarge - Length: 60" Bust: 39.75" Waist: 30" Shoulder: Bicep:" 13.5"
- XXLarge - Length: 60.5" Bust: 41.25" Waist: 32" Shoulder: 15.5" Bicep: 14"
- XXXLarge - Length: 61" Bust: 43.75" Waist: 34" Shoulder: 16" Bicep: 14.5"
- Hand wash cold, lay flat to dry.
- Steaming recommended for wrinkles.
This dress was just as beautiful in person as the pictures, but I would definitely not call it bump-friendly (unless maybe you’re VERY tall). It’s designed to hit at your natural waist, which put it right in the middle of my bump. It would’ve also been very baggy in the chest area for me even without a bump - I’m normally a 36B, size M/10. I thought about trying to tailor this and bring it up to an empire waist to sit above the bump, but even then I think the chest would’ve been baggy, even with extra pregnancy bustiness. I returned it and got the Lydia maxi instead - MUCH better, although it is very long. If you’re short and not pregnant, this Velvet Maxi May work great for you in length - I’m 5’1” and it would’ve been perfect in heels.
This is a high quality, beautiful dress. I purchased for my maternity photos in a size Medium at first but had to return since the top bust area was too large for me, but the Small fit like a glove. I’m 30 weeks pregnant, bust of 36C, and am 5’1’’ and it was the perfect length since my belly helped with that. (About 145lbs) My exchange process was also seemless and pleasant so I cannot wait to purchase even more for after my delivery.
I wanted to love this dress so badly! The material was beautiful and well made, but unfortunately where the dress hit my waist made me look super wide. It ran a bit big on me so I probably should have sized down. Would buy again from this shop, just so sad this dress didn't work out!
I have been a little obsessed with velvet lately and my FAVORITE color is mauve. So this was my match made in heaven. This dress is stunning in person!! I wore it in a whimsical photo shoot and it was so lovely. I have four other dresses in my cart right now! Beautiful quality and shipped really fast!
If I’m being honest I was nervous that this wouldn’t be flattering on me but it was absolutely gorgeous. It’s beautiful fabric and the color is gorgeous. I bought this for a spring event and I can’t wait to wear it!