Sofia Mulberry Velvet Maxi Dress
- Incredible quality velvet material.
- Surplice V neck with elastic waist band.
- Maxi length with elbow length sleeves.
- Bump and nursing friendly.
- Lined from waist to mid thigh.
- Fits true to size.
- Dress does have stretch, so if between sizes, size down.
- Trina is 5'6, cup size 32D, pant size 2 and wearing size Small.
- Approximate Dress Measurements:
- XSmall - Length: 59.5" Bust: 31.75" Waist: 22" Shoulder: 13" Bicep: 11.5"
- Small - Length: 60" Bust: 33.75" Waist: 24" Shoulder: 13.5" Bicep: 12"
- Medium - Length: 60.5" Bust: 35.75" Waist: 26" Shoulder: 14" Bicep: 12.5"
- Large - Length: 61" Bust: 37.75" Waist: 28" Shoulder: 14.5" Bicep: 13"
- XLarge - Length: 61" Bust: 39.75" Waist: 30" Shoulder: 15" Bicep:" 13.5"
- XXLarge - Length: 61.25" Bust: 41.75" Waist: 32" Shoulder: 15.5" Bicep: 14"
- XXXLarge - Length: 61.75" Bust: 43.75" Waist: 34" Shoulder: 16" Bicep: 14.5"
- Hand wash cold, lay flat to dry.
- Steaming recommended for wrinkles.
- Ironing NOT recommended. If you must, iron from the inside. Do not iron or steam for more than 2 seconds.
This feels amazing. The fit is more snug around the empire waist then loosens. Bought an L and works for a M maternity and I wear M-XL I don’t like snug as I’ve had 2 babies but I love the fit of this.
The material is a soft, polyester blend that mimics velvet but is stretchy and the mulberry is a beautiful rich maroon. However, the dress is not flattering at all and entirely too low cut, especially for anyone with a fuller bust. I intended to wear this as a bridesmaid dress for a wedding in January but it's way too revealing and makes me look super dowdy. This would work best maternity dress (as most of the photos have shown) and definitely needs to be pinned for more modesty in the chest area. The dress also billows as the elastic band (which fell awkwardly between my natural waist and where an empire waist would typically sit) so I looked both pregnant (in the front) and flat (in the back)... Sigh. I had really hoped this dress would work out but sadly, it was just too unflattering.
Perfect fit! Very comfortable, stretchy material. Highly recommend the dress itself. The V neckline is low, which you can tell in the picture. But there’s enough material that I can pin it, so that it’s not as low. Really love how comfortable the dress is! We have to return because the color won’t work for my Sisters wedding. In the picture, it looks like a deeper Mulberry red than it is. The mulberry shines more pink than dark red.