My skin is extremely dry and during the winter it gets even worse. Add pregnancy and below freezing temperatures and I feel like my face has aged 3 years in the last 6 months. I turned 30 this year and I've really noticed a difference in my skin. I used to be able to use the basic Neutrogena wash and Aveeno face lotion you can buy at the drug store and feel great, but I feel like now it's time to spend some money on my skin. Which, let's be honest, is everyone's best accessory!
After lots of research (I am a die-hard product review reader), I found 6 different products that I have fallen completely in love with. I saw immediate results which may not be the case for everyone, but I was really blown away by the change in my skin that seemed to happen almost over night.
- Wash with Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser in the morning. I love the way this makes my skin feel! It removes any oil from the night and isn't abrasive. It also removes all my makeup without leaving any traces around the eyes (my pet peeve).
2. Immediately apply Ole Henriksen Truth Serum and Collagen Booster. This serum is full of vitamin C and other antioxidants that help keep skin soft and youthful. It smells like a freshly-sliced orange (YUM) and feels fresh and clean on my face!
3. Allow serum to soak in and then apply Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation. This moisturizer is so silky and a little bit goes a long way! Because my skin is so dry, moisturizers are huge for me and I really feel like the combination of the serum with this moisturizer keeps my skin hydrated all day and night.
4. Apply foundation (I like my skin to be moist while applying my foundation because I feel like it doesn't go on so thick and really absorbs into my skin with my moisturizer).
1. Wash and remove makeup with Boscia Cleanser
2. Immediately apply the Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Treatment. This is full of AHAs which helps your cell renewal process and keeps your skin looking and feeling smooth. This is the product I noticed the most change from.
3. Allow treatment to soak in and then apply Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation.
4. Apply Chanel Hydra Beauty Eye Cream. This eye cream goes on so smoothly! My eyes are really sensitive and I feel like they were constantly watering with any other products I've tried. This doesn't irritate my eyes at all and I can tell a huge difference in my under eye bags.
I use Origins Modern Friction scrub about 2-3 times a week in the shower and then follow with the morning routine of serum and moisturizer. This is hands-down the best scrub I have ever used. It works well on all types of skin. My husband has oily skin and started using this on his face and I can tell a big difference in his breakouts. I can't recommend this enough. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
I hope this helps any of you who have been searching for a new skin care routine! I'd love to hear about any of your favorite skin products so comment below with suggestions or questions! Also shop my look from Baltic Born here! Happy New Year!