Where do you fall in the Liljenquist family?
I’m the baby! Youngest of 6 kids - 5 girls, 1 boy.
And yes, sometimes I feel like I have 5 mothers haha
What are your hobbies?
I have been a hairstylist for 4 years and love all things beauty. I work at Lunatic Fringe Salon in the Sugarhouse neighborhood of Salt Lake City and am part of their artistic team where we do photoshoots, collections and all things creative. I’m a sucker for live music. One of my favorite things is to see a band I know nothing about and dance the night away. I love a quiet night in playing my guitar and drinking hot tea. I’ve recently picked up photography and nerd out pretty hard on that. Surrounding myself with people who bring a smile to my face and make me laugh. When I need to escape from it all, I enjoy a drive through the canyon, hiking, or staring at the night sky.
Describe your personal style:
Black. Black. Black. Haha 90% of my closet is all black and I never wear the other 10% so... I love progressive and contemporary designs mixed with soft, feminine texture and shapes. I like to push the boundaries and wear things that aren’t so typical. I feel like my style is inspired from working in the hair industry and a lot of my hair inspiration comes from fashion so it goes hand in hand.
What are you currently binge watching on Netflix?
I love my dramas. Peaky Blinders is probably my #1, just can't get enough of Tommy aka Cillian Murphy. I also love House of Cards, Narcos, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Stranger Things… If you have any suggestions, let me know because I need one to watch on cold winter nights!
Where have you traveled and where do you want to go?
I recently visited Turks and Caicos where I did nothing but lay on the beach and it was pure bliss. London was a massive melting pot of everything and I loved it. In Seoul, I experienced my first bath house… complete culture shock haha would totally do it again though. One day I plan on traveling the world when I have enough money.
Which hair products are your favorites?
I am a product junkie and have anything and everything in my bathroom. I go through phases with my hair so right now I’m really liking the undone rocker vibe because it works for me and I don’t have to do much to achieve it. For everyday, Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray is my go to! The smell alone is enough to spray it all over yourself but it also absorbs oil, adds volume, enhances and creates texture all while getting rid of my bed head ;) I have natural texture in my hair and it’s pretty dry so I love Oribe Supershine for moisture/softness, Kevin Murphy Motion Lotion to enhance wave and curl and Kerastase Spray a Porter (like a sea spray) to refresh and add a little grit.
Where do you find inspiration?
EVERYWHERE! From people watching to the sound of a live band. From beautiful street art to the incredible outdoors that surround me everyday. I love trying and experiencing new things. I try to keep an open mind and stay in the present so I can feel/absorb what is all around me. It makes me grateful, which I believe to be the best outlook one can have.
Why do you love Baltic Born?
It’s something that envelopes everything I’m passionate about. From fashion to travel to beauty.. It’s a lifestyle that I crave and love. Being comfortable in what you’re wearing and feeling good about yourself is so important and I love that we can provide that to everyone. The thing I love most though, is that I get to work with my sisters every day!